AIROMIR, 100MCG, METERED INH.
This medication contains a bronchodilator (it dilates the bronchi). Typically, it is used to control asthma symptoms or for the prevention of exercise-induced asthma. It may also be used for emphysema or for chronic bronchitis. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
Before using this inhaler for the first time, or if you have not used it for more than 2 weeks, prime it (by releasing 4 puffs into the air) to ensure that it works properly.
To use this inhaler, follow these steps:
- remove the cap and shake the inhaler well with the mouthpiece down;
- tilt your head back slightly;
- slowly breathe all the way out;
- place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth and close your lips around it -- do not bite it;
- start to breathe in, then press down on the canister once, while continuing to breathe in slowly and deeply;
- hold your breath for 10 seconds then breathe out slowly;
- if you have been instructed to use more than one puff, wait 30 seconds before repeating the above steps.
Depending on the treated condition, this medication may be used regularly or only as needed. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause palpitations (rapid and strong heart beat);
- it may irritate your throat;
- it may cause shakiness.
This product is sensitive to heat. Store it at room temperature, in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.