CERVARIX, BIVALENT, VACCINE
This product is a vaccine that will help you develop an immunity to human Papillomavirus to prevent cervical cancer. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few weeks.
How to use this medication
This medication must be administered by a health professional. Because complete vaccination requires several doses of this product to be given at specific times, it is important to keep your scheduled doctor's appointments.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause pain at the injection site;
- it may cause local redness;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause a fever;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.