COTAZYM ECS 20, 25,000IU++, ENTERIC CAP.
This medication is typically used to help digestion. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
If desired, the capsule can be opened and the contents sprinkled on soft food or mixed with a liquid. The small granules, however, must NOT be chewed. This medication is more effective if taken with food. Always take it with a meal or a snack.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause stomach ache and cramps;
- it may cause gas and bloating;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.