CRINONE, 8%, VAGINAL GEL
This medication is a hormone. Typically, it is used as a fertility drug. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be used vaginally. As this product may leak and stain your underwear, you are advised to wear a sanitary napkin during the treatment. Use the product for the prescribed period of time and follow the directions for use included in the package.
When applying this product, you may feel a slight irritation at first. If the irritation becomes severe or continues longer than a few minutes, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Use this medication regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may increase breast size;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause your breasts to feel swollen and tender;
- it may cause drowsiness -- use caution when driving.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.