ELIGARD, 7.5MG, INJ.LA.PWD
This medication is typically used for the treatment of prostate cancer. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is usually injected under the skin (subcutaneously) by a health professional.
This product affects hormonal balance and it may temporarily increase bone pain.
Use this medication regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause hot flashes;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it could cause water retention and swelling;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause changes in body weight.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Although the drugs you are taking are intended to help you, they can be harmful to those around you. Make sure that a professional who oversees your treatment has given you all the necessary precautions.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use a condom or another contraceptive method, except contraceptive that contains hormone (birth control pill, patch, etc.), during the treatment.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.