PAMIDRONATE, 3MG/ML, INJECTABLE
This medication is typically used as part of chemotherapy. It may also be used for Paget's disease, for hypercalcemia (too much calcium in the blood), as well as for other uses. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
Once diluted, this medication is usually administered into a vein (intravenously) over a number of hours by a health professional.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause flu-like symptoms;
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause difficulty breathing;
- it may cause a cough.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate or allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.