ANDROGEL PUMP, 1%/1.25G, GEL
This medication is a male-hormone supplement. Typically, it is used for hormonal problems. It may also be used for sexual problems in men. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is an odourless, non-staining gel. Apply the gel in a thin layer over large surfaces such as shoulders, arms, or abdomen. Allow the gel to dry for about 2 minutes before getting dressed.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Apply it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effect.
If you remember missing a dose within 12 hours of the time it is usually taken, apply it as soon as you remember, then take the next dose at the regularly scheduled time. If the dose is missed by more than 12 hours, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause pimples (acne);
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause a reaction at the application site;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- occasionally, it may cause breast development in men;
- it may cause nervousness or anxiety.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Children and pregnant women must avoid direct contact with a zone of application not washed or not covered with a garment.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor. Pregnant contacts should also be protected from exposure to the medication.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.