APO RILUZOLE, 50MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for certain types of muscle diseases. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few months.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. This medication should not be taken with food. It is best taken on an empty stomach, one hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may affect your liver and may lead to jaundice in rare cases;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.