APO SULFATRIM, 100+20MG, TABLET
This medication contains an antibiotic from the sulfonamide family. Typically, it is used to treat infections. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, a treatment with this medication lasts several days. Take it for the entire time prescribed in order to achieve the medication's full benefit.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
This medication may be taken with or without food. It is recommended to drink plenty of water while using this medication.
Consuming alcohol may intensify the toxicity of this product. Limit alcohol consumption to occasional small quantities.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or sun lamps -- wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible;
- it may cause heartburn;
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause severe diarrhea, sometimes several weeks after the end of treatment. In case of severe diarrhea, contact your doctor without delay.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.