DDAVP RHINYLE, 0.1MG/ML, NASAL SOL.
This medication is typically used for diabetes insipidus. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
This product is to be applied into the nostrils. To use:
- blow your nose to clear your nostrils;
- tilt your head backward slightly;
- apply the prescribed dose into the nostrils - do not sniff deeply;
- wait 15 minutes after using the product before blowing your nose.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Use it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. To avoid water intoxication, make sure you received all the information about fluid intake during treatment.
Consuming alcohol may modify the effect of this product. Avoid alcohol consumption during treatment.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause redness of the face;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause nasal irritation or stuffiness;
- when used, it may cause local irritation.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.