DOM ATOMOXETINE, 25MG, CAPSULE
This medication is typically used for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This pharmacologic treatment should be an integral part of a global treatment program that could include supportive psychological, educational or other measures.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. The capsule of this medication should not be opened, crushed or chewed.
This medication may be taken with or without food. If it were, however, to cause stomach problems (nausea or irritation), taking the product with food could provide relief.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may increase your heart rate;
- it may increase your blood pressure;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause mood swings.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.