You wish to stop smoking? Your pharmacist can provide advice and guide you through this journey. Here’s an action plan that you can follow with your pharmacist:
1. Choose a starting point
We all have to start somewhere, so pick a starting date and set tangible objectives.
Tell your your friends and family and ask them for support.
2. Discuss with your pharmacist
- He or she will determine how dependent you are on nicotine
- He or she will help you understand your main smoking habits and identify your triggers
- He or she will ask you about your previous attempts to quit smoking to make sure you don’t fall back into the same bad habits
3. Follow a personalized treatment
If needed, your pharmacist can prescribe a tailored solution, including:
- Nicotine replacements used for replacing the nicotine from cigarettes (patches, chewing gum and lozenges)
4. Reward yourself
You should reward yourself when you’re progressing.
The benefits of a smoke-free life can be felt long-term, so in the short-term encourage yourself to keep on!
The pharmacy services presented in this section are offered by pharmacist owners who are affiliated with PROXIM. The pharmacists are solely responsible for the professional activities carried out during the practice of pharmacy. These services are offered in participating pharmacies only. Certain fees and conditions may apply.
* The information contained herein is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide complete information on the subject matter or to replace the advice of a health professional. This information does not constitute medical consultation, diagnosis or opinion and should not be interpreted as such. Please consult your health care provider if you have any questions about your health, medications or treatment.