ACT MELOXICAM, 7.5MG, TABLET
This medication is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Typically, it is used for the relief of osteoarthritis or for rheumatoid arthritis. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Depending on the treated condition, it may be used regularly or only as needed. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication may be taken with or without food.
Avoid consuming alcohol or alcohol-containing products while taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it could cause water retention and swelling;
- it may increase your blood pressure;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is not recommended to combine this drug with another antiinflammatory. Carefully check for the presence of ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve) or diclofenac (Voltaren Emulgel) on drug labels.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.