ALREX, 0.2%, EYE DROPS
This medication contains a topical anti-inflammatory drug from the cortisone family (corticosteroid). Typically, it is used for inflammation of the eyes or for allergic conjunctivitis (inflammation of the clear covering of the front of the eye, due to allergies). It produces its action on its first day of use.
How to use this medication
This medication is for the eye. To use:
- wash your hands as well as the skin surrounding the affected eye;
- shake the container;
- gently pull down the lower lid of the affected eye;
- apply 1 drop of the medication;
- close the eye for 2 to 3 minutes, while gently pressing on the inner corner of the eye.
Continue applying the product to complete the prescribed course of treatment, even after improvement is seen or felt.
This medication is typically used 4 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause discharge from the eye;
- it may cause the eyes to become more sensitive to light -- wear sunglasses if necessary;
- it may cause blurred vision;
- it may cause eye discomfort;
- it may cause inflammation of the eyes;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Once opened, the product must be used within 28 days. Any unused portion should be discarded.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.