APO NITROGLYCERIN, 0.4MG, ORAL SPRAY
This medication is a vasodilator (it dilates the blood vessels). Typically, it is used to relieve angina (chest pain due to a heart condition). Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
This medication must be easily accessible at any time.
Use this product according to the package's instructions.
Use the medication at the first sign of an attack. Sit or lie down after using it. If you don't feel better within 5 minutes, you may use up to 2 more doses, each 5 minutes apart. If you are still not better after 3 doses, seek medical attention immediately.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause redness of the face;
- it may cause palpitations (rapid and strong heart beat);
- it may lower your blood pressure, which could cause weakness and/or dizziness.
This product is sensitive to heat. Store it at room temperature, in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.