APO ROPINIROLE, 5MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for Parkinson's disease. It may also be used for restless legs syndrome. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication should be swallowed whole. It should not be split, crushed or chewed.
If you forget a dose, contact your pharmacist. This medication may be taken with or without food. If it were, however, to cause nausea, taking the product with food could provide relief.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- occasionally, it may cause trembling and involuntary movements (also known as dyskinesia);
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause heavy perspiration.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.