APO ZOLPIDEM ODT, 10MG, S/L TABLET
This medication is typically used to help induce sleep. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
Place the tablet under the tongue. Let it dissolve without chewing or swallowing it.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used only as needed.
It is not recommended to use this medication unless you are able to stay in bed a full night of 7 to 8 hours before you must be active again. In addition, you must wait at least 8 hours after dosing before driving or engaging in other activities requiring full mental alertness. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Consuming alcohol may intensify the effect of this product. It is therefore advisable to avoid consuming alcohol or alcohol-containing products while taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause mood swings;
- it may cause confusion;
- it may cause mood changes and, occasionally, may lead to depression;
- it may cause unusual dreams;
- it may cause blurred vision.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely. This drug is occasionally sought out by teenagers for non-medical purposes. Please store in a safe place.
This treatment may be habit-forming. Do not use this medication for longer than necessary. If you have difficulty stopping the medication when the treatment is finished, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.