AURALGAN, EAR DROPS
This medication contains a topical anesthetic. Typically, it is used for ear pain. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
This medication is for the ear. To use:
- tilt your head to the side opposite the affected ear;
- put a few drops in the opening of the affected ear;
- gently pull the ear lobe down, and back and forth, to ensure that the medication penetrates the ear canal properly;
- keep your head tilted for about 2 minutes;
- return head to the normal position and wipe any excess medication from the external ear.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause local irritation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.