GD ZIPRASIDONE, 40MG, CAPSULE
This medication is typically used for certain mental disorders (psychosis). It may also be used for bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness), as well as for other uses. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
It is not advisable to stop using this product suddenly, particularly if you have been on it for several weeks. If you are considering stopping the medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist first. It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand.
This medication is more effective if taken with food. Always take it with a meal or a snack. Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice during your treatment. Grapefruit can seriously affect how this medication works.
This product may intensify the effect of alcohol. Limit alcohol consumption to an occasional intake.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may cause indigestion;
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.