GENTEAL GEL, 0.3%, EYE GEL
This medication is typically used to help relieve dryness of the eyes. It may also have other uses. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
This medication is for the eye. To use:
- wash your hands as well as the skin surrounding the affected eye;
- gently pull down the lower lid of the affected eye;
- apply one dab of the product;
- close the eye for 2 to 3 minutes, while gently pressing on the inner corner of the eye.
To avoid contaminating the medication, do not let the tip of the applicator touch your fingers or any part of your eye. Close the container tightly after each use.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed.
Possible side effects
This product is generally well tolerated and rarely causes side effects. When side effects do occur, they usually disappear on their own, without further treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Once opened, the product must be used within 30 days. Any unused portion should be discarded.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.