GONAL F PEN, 450IU/0.75ML, INJ.PEN
This medication is typically used for female infertility. It may also be used for male infertility.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time.
Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
You should take this medication at approximately the same time each day.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause ovarian enlargement;
- it may affect menstruation (irregular or absence of menses);
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Keep this product in the refrigerator or at room temperature, it will remain effective for 2 months only. After its first use, keep it at room temperature and discard any unused portion after 28 days. Keep it out of reach of young children.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.