KALYDECO, 150MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for cystic fibrosis. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. If you forget a dose and there is more than 6 hours left before the next dose, take immediately the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
This medication is more effective if taken with high-fat-containing foods. Always take it with a meal or a snack that contains such products. Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice during your treatment. Grapefruit can seriously affect how this medication works.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause nasal irritation or stuffiness;
- it may cause sore throat;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it could make you more prone to respiratory infections.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.