WARTEC, 0.5%, TOP. LIQUID
This medication is typically used for genital warts (condyloma). It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product must be used according to the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. For more information, read the instructions in the package carefully.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Avoid consuming alcohol in the hours after taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause tissues to break down at the site where the medication is used;
- it may cause inflammation at the site where the medication is used;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- occasionally, it may cause stinging and/or itching;
- it may cause local pain.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.