Good nail habits
- To get healthy nails, you need to treat them well.
- Remember to moisturize your hands every day and massage your cuticles and fingernails.
- Avoid cutting your nails. Instead, file them down from the edge toward the nail centre.
- Wear gloves when doing household chores or gardening.
Applying nail polish
- Shake the nail polish bottle to thoroughly mix the pigments.
- Always apply a protective base coat.
- Apply the polish in thin layers, as thick layers take more time to dry, don't last as long and can flake more easily.
- Once the polish is dry, soak your freshly done nails in a bowl of ice water for 30 seconds to set the polish and make it last longer.
How to store nail polish
- Tightly close the nail polish bottle after you use it to prevent evaporation.
- Keep it away from heat and light, as these make the polish break down faster.
- Store your nail polish in the refrigerator to help keep it smooth and easy to apply.
- Avoid keeping nail polish in almost-empty bottles, as the extra air inside means the polish won’t keep as well.
Don’t hesitate to consult your PROXIM beauty advisor, who is here to help you get great nails!